- Current Job Openings
- NCS Employment Application / NCS Fillable PDF Employment Application –Download and email completed form to email@example.com
- NCS SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION
Northcoast Children’s Services, one of the leading providers of quality child development programs on the North Coast, offers you the opportunity to enhance the quality of life for children and families in our community by becoming one of our valued employees.
NCS provides a supportive work environment, well-equipped facilities, low adult-to-child classroom ratios, and generous benefits. Some of the advantages we offer to both full-time and part-time employees are:
· Competitive wages
· Paid holidays
· Paid sick leave
· Paid vacation (up to 3 weeks a year)
· Voluntary employee contributions to a retirement plan
· Staff support services (2 free counseling visits per year)
· Opportunities for professional development & advancement
· Qualification for some student loan assistance
In addition, full-time staff (30 hrs per week or more) are eligible to participate in Northcoast Children’s Services’ Flexible Benefit Plan after 2 months of full-time employment.
Northcoast Children’s Services’ policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender or gender identity, religion or religious creed, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions including genetic characteristics, sex, sexual orientation, military or veterans status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding related medical conditions, political affiliations or activities, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, Northcoast Children’s Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact the Administrative Services Director and request such an accommodation.
When applying for a job opening, please keep in mind that all positions require a complete, original application to be submitted. You can complete an application for employment using Adobe Acrobat. You can print an application from this website or pick an application up at the Main Office located at 1266 9th Street, Arcata CA or at the Del Norte Office at 475 7th Street, Crescent City, CA.
Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at our Main Office Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:30-4:30pm, or mailed to P.O. Box 1165, Arcata CA 95518 or faxed to (707) 825-1754.
Job postings are generally updated every Friday by 5:00 pm.
You can improve your chances of being interviewed by submitting a well-prepared application.
- Be sure to complete all items on the application form.
- Provide all information asked about your work history, education and training in the spaces provided.
- Do NOT substitute a resume for any part of your application. A one or two page resume in addition to your application is acceptable, but not required unless stated on the job posting.
- Include volunteer jobs and outside activities that relate to the job you are seeking.
- Some positions also require a cover letter. See the job posting for application requirements.
Please be sure to include the title of the currently open position(s) you are applying for on your application.
The interview panel will usually consist of two to five members who are familiar with the requirements of the position.
Employment and personal references are checked prior to job offers.
Review the job description prior to the interview
Please advise Administrative Services if any accommodations are being requested in order to interview.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Northcoast Children’s Services
~employing quality people in both Humboldt & Del Norte Counties.