Northcoast Children’s Services, one of the leading providers of quality child development programs on the North Coast, offers you the opportunity to enhance the quality of life for children and families in our community by becoming one of our valued employees.
NCS provides a supportive work environment, well-equipped facilities, low adult-to-child classroom ratios, and generous benefits. Some of the advantages we offer to both full-time and part-time employees are:
· Competitive wages
· Paid holidays
· Paid sick leave
· Paid vacation (up to 3 weeks a year)
· Voluntary employee contributions to a retirement plan
· Staff support services (2 free counseling visits per year)
· Opportunities for professional development & advancement
In addition, full-time staff are eligible to participate in Northcoast Children’s Services’
Flexible Benefit Plan after 3 months of full-time employment.
Northcoast Children’s Services’ policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, Northcoast Children’s Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact the Administrative Services Manager and request such an accommodation.
When applying for a job opening, please keep in mind that all positions require a complete, original application to be submitted. You can download an application for employment using Adobe Acrobat. You can also pick an application up at the Main Office located at 1266 9th Street, Arcata CA or at the Del Norte Office at 475 7th Street, Crescent City, CA.
Completed applications can be dropped off at our Main Office Monday thru Friday
between the hours of 8:30-4:30pm, or mailed to P.O. Box 1165, Arcata CA 95518 or
faxed to (707) 822-7962 (faxed applications must be followed up by mailing the original).
WE DO NOT ACCEPT E-MAILED APPLICATIONS or RESUMES.
Job postings are generally updated every Friday by 5:00 pm.
You can improve your chances of being interviewed by submitting a well-prepared application.
- Be sure to complete all items on the application form.
- Provide all information asked about your work history, education and training in the spaces provided.
- Do NOT substitute a resume for any part of your application. A one or two page resume in addition to your application is acceptable, but not required unless stated on the job posting.
- Include volunteer jobs and outside activities that relate to the job you are seeking.
- Avoid errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Please review your completed application to assure that all questions have been answered, applications have been signed, dated and returned prior to the deadline.
PLEASE Do Not write “See Attached Resume” on the application.
**Northcoast Children’s Services has a policy to not accept unsolicited applications/resumes**
Please be sure to include the title of the currently open position(s) you are applying for on your application.
The interview process is used to evaluate your training, experience and personal qualifications as they relate to the duties of the position for which you are applying for. The interview panel will usually consist of three to five members who are familiar with the requirements of the position.
HINTS FOR INTERVIEWING
Prior to the interview:
- Review the job description to obtain a clear picture of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
During the interview:
- Review your experience and education as they apply to the position.
- Give brief, direct and complete answers. Make sure to answer the questions fully, but avoid lengthy explanations.
- Be yourself; people make their most favorable impression when they act naturally.
- Some nervousness is expected. REMEMBER, panel members have also been in your shoes.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Northcoast Children’s Services
~employing quality people in both Humboldt & Del Norte Counties.