Sponsor a Square at Pastels on the Plaza!
Since 1987, Northcoast Children’s Services has partnered with local sponsors and artists to transform the sidewalks of the Arcata Plaza into a colorful art gallery on the first Saturday in October. Pastels on the Plaza is one of Humboldt County’s most beloved events and was voted the Best Fundraiser in the Northcoast Journal’s Best of Humboldt in 2022.
Sponsors are invited to purchase either a small or large square of sidewalk to be transformed into a work of art. We would love to see your business represented among the vibrant masterpieces!
How It Works…
- Sponsors “buy” a square of sidewalk.
- A small square (approx 3’ x 3’) is a suggested $150 minimum donation.
- A large square (approx 3’x 6’) is a suggested $250 minimum donation.
- Larger donations are always welcome!
- Sponsors can partner with an artist that they already know or we can partner you with one of our volunteer artists.
- If you are partnering with an artist, please have them also fill out an artist sign-up so that we have all of their information & can better coordinate.
- If a sponsor has special requests for the artwork, they need to find their own artist and coordinate with them well in advance of the event.
- If you choose to have a volunteer artist matched with you, we will let artists pick the available sponsor they are inspired by about a week before the event. Businesses typically will not receive a call from the artist or be able to direct the artwork they would like to see. It is a fun surprise!
Sign up online today!
Your purchase of a square of sidewalk will help fund our programs and promote the healthy development of young children and families in our community. Our Preschool and Family Services extend to over 800 children and families annually throughout Humboldt and Del Norte Counties. Thank you for your support with this special event!