Documentation of Eligibility
Your eligibility is based on the documentation and verification of at least one of
- At-risk of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Income eligible
- Current CalWORKS cash aid recipient
Documentation of Need ( for full day programs)
Requirement to Report Increase in Income
Once certified or recertified as income eligible for services, you have an
obligation to report increases in income that exceed the 85 percent
threshold for ongoing income eligibility. Your ongoing eligibility for
services shall be re-determined at that time.
Certification of need for services is based on documentation and verification of at
least one of the following:
- Child Protective Services/At-Risk
- Training Toward Vocational Goals
- Seeking employment
- Seeking Permanent Housing
- Parental Incapacity
All necessary documentation must be collected and approved prior to child starting the program.
- If self-employed, parents must provide most recent, signed and completed tax return with a statement of current estimated income for tax purposes and other business records to demonstrate need for care.
- Certify to reasonable belief that documentation supports reported income, is reliable, consistent with all other information and own knowledge.
All families must sign an Authorization to Release Information Form for permission to contact the parent’s employer if necessary. (Employment Verification Form)