NCS centers and home base programs are currently closed through May 1, 2020. NCS will continue to evaluate the need for closures based on information from the CDC, CADPH, and our local health departments.
NCS will continue to do our best to provide support and information to families and children to the extent possible. NCS teachers and home visitors will be in contact with enrolled families to see how we can best support your child and family through this trying time.
Currently, most all school districts are offering meals for all children under the age of 18. Families who have food insecurity are encouraged to access meals for their children at local schools and food at their local food bank. Information about where and when food is available will be updated on your local elementary school district webpage and/or facebook page. If you need additional assistance, please let your Teacher or Home Visitor know. If you are unable to contact your Teacher or Home Visitor, please contact our Main Office at 822-7206, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with a staff person who can assist you.
NCS will continue to follow our longstanding process of following the direction of the state and local health departments, as well as the lead of our local school districts where our centers are located in the event of an emergency or unplanned closure.
We appreciate the trust and patience of parents and staff as we work through this challenge.
- Fun and Learning for Parents and Children: An Activities Handbook Spanish
- First 5 California has great information & many activity ideas for children under the age of 5. Spanish
- Early Education Parent Tool Kit
- Virtual Play & Learn Groups
- Social Emotional Activities for Children
- Activities to Encourage Speech & Language Development
- Story Line Online, celebrities read kid's books
- Fine Motor Activities for children under 3 years old
- Letter Recognition Activities You Can Do at Home
- Early Childhood Resources for Parents and Educators Spanish
- Cincinnati Zoo Activities Spanish
Community Mental Health support for COVID
Professional staff are available if you are feeling anxious, worried, or depressed related to the current health crisis and need someone to talk to. It can be even more challenging with the direction to shelter in place, leaving people feeling socially isolated. Please reach out for support, by calling 707-268-2999, M-F 8 AM – 5 PM.