NCS is working towards a return to pre-pandemic levels of service in the 2021-2022 school year. You can apply for NCS Center Base and Home Based programs here: Family Application.
The priority of NCS is the health and safety of our children, families and staff. The NCS management team continues to work on a reopening plan that aligns with Federal, State, and local guidelines, is responsive to the current situation and that also meets the needs of our staff, families, community, and program requirements. These plans include risk assessments for our locations, training for staff, and procedures for daily symptom checks, ongoing hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting to maintain healthy operations. You can learn more about the COVID 19 guidance for child care centers here: CDSS.ca.gov
Understanding that the classroom community is made of children, staff and families, we are asking staff and families to help keep their community safe and healthy by following the local, state and national health guidance and getting vaccinated. Vaccines are safe, effective, and free for anyone ages 12 and up. You can sign up to get a vaccine at myturn.ca.gov or vaccines.gov. You can get more information about the safety and effectiveness of Covid vaccines from the Center for Disease Control.
NCS plans are subject to change as we receive new information from our funders and direction from Public Health based on changing conditions in our communities.
We appreciate the trust and patience of parents and staff as we work through this challenge together.
- Fun and Learning for Parents and Children: An Activities Handbook Spanish
- First 5 California has great information & many activity ideas for children under the age of 5. Spanish
- Early Education Parent Tool Kit
- Virtual Play & Learn Groups
- Social Emotional Activities for Children
- Activities to Encourage Speech & Language Development
- Story Line Online, celebrities read kid's books
- Fine Motor Activities for children under 3 years old
- Letter Recognition Activities You Can Do at Home
- Early Childhood Resources for Parents and Educators Spanish
- Cincinnati Zoo Activities Spanish
Community Mental Health support for COVID
Professional staff are available if you are feeling anxious, worried, or depressed related to the current health crisis and need someone to talk to. It can be even more challenging with the direction to shelter in place, leaving people feeling socially isolated. Please reach out for support, by calling 707-268-2999, M-F 8 AM – 5 PM.
- Humboldt Health Alert
- Humboldt County Office of Education
- Del Norte Public Health
- Del Norte County Office of Education
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website
- California Department of Public Health Website
- State of California Covid-19 Information & Resource Page
- FDA Update on hand sanitizers consumers should not use